Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Website Project and How it Helps Moving Forward

The website created in class will help to promote myself because it offers an easy-to-navigate platform to showcase exactly who I am and show off some of the work I have done throughout my schooling to anyone in the world, especially potential employers. It also allows me to communicate my story in my own words, which is the best way to promote yourself so that there is no confusion or misleading information. Lastly, it offers me the chance to get all of my necessary contact information on one page so that anyone who wants to contact me knows how to through whichever means they desire.

Our other projects tie-in very well to the website because like I mentioned earlier, it allows us to display all of the work we have created in the class in one central place. That way anyone who is interested can get the best possible sense of the kind of person I am through my picture, biography, and the portfolio. Also, being able to link my social media pages like LinkedIn and Twitter to the website helps to also promote myself as well by allowing people to access my own personal profiles and can garner a better sense of some of my interests and hobbies. The process of designing and creating the other projects helped me to better organize my files, become more confident in learning new software's, and also gave me a chance to better promote myself by showing off my creative skills.

Although we were unable to completely finish the website yet, I still learned a great deal about Dreamweaver and how difficult it could be to organize and create a website. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to learn Dreamweaver for the first time and believe it will only benefit me going forward. I was worried that the process of learning this software would be tough but the set-up and design on it is fairly straightforward and allows you to navigate through without many issues. I was amazed by how easy it is to customize and tailor the website exactly how I wanted it. I was simple to import pictures from Photoshop to display on my home page and also copy and paste any texts that I needed to display in my biography. I hope to get the opportunity to be shown how to properly import my portfolio items so that they are easily accessible to anyone who is interested in seeing them. I feel as though those are the most crucial part to the website and help to promote myself in the best way possible.

One of the most important ideas a learned is how imperative it is to make sure you save all photos and other necessary files in the proper folder. Organization is key when trying to create a website without any additional hassles. Before this, I kind of just saved my files and pictures and random places and would have issues finding them when I needed to access them. Going forward, whether I am creating a website or just trying to stay better organized for my job, I will definitely be more aware of where I am saving things and think about how I may need them at a later time.


No comments:

Post a Comment